Attorney Elizabeth Turner
Elizabeth Turner is a 1994 graduate of the University of Washington School of Law and for many years had a successful solo practice focusing on family law, elder law (including complex guardianships, trusts, and litigation), and civil litigation.
In April 2003 she began serving as a Disciplinary Counsel for the Washington State Bar Association on a part-time or contract basis, and in November 2007 she joined the WSBA staff full-time as Assistant General Counsel. In January 2014 Elizabeth returned to private practice and now limits her practice to alternative dispute resolution.
Elizabeth is a skilled, highly experienced mediator and arbitrator, whose extensive experience as a judge and commissioner pro tem, probate guardian ad litem, and appointed counsel for alleged incapacitated persons. Elizabeth practices evaluative and facilitative mediation, focusing on family law (including same sex and committed intimate relationships), elder law (including guardianships and TEDRA cases), and related matters.
- Washington State Bar (November 1994)
- Western District of Washington (February 1995)
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (September 2010)
- United States Supreme Court (May 2011)
Memberships & Professional Associations
- Washington Mediation Association (2016 – present)
- Snohomish County Bar Association (1994 – present)
- King County Bar Association (1995 – present)
- American Bar Association (2007 – 2016)
- ABA Center for Professional Responsibility (2007 – 2016)
- National Organization of Bar Counsel (2007 – 2014)
- National Client Protection Organization (2007 – present)